My sweet friend Traci posted a comment on facebook today challenging us to name 1,000 things for which we are thankful. Rather than journaling at midnight all alone, I've decided to focus my blog on this and see where it goes.
Day One ~ I am thankful for (in NO particular order!):
1. My husband - JB is thoughtful and generous and good-natured. He's honest and dependable and responsible. He CAN be a pain in the butt, of course, but since he's willing to overlook my sass I guess I'll let his slide as well!
2. My sweet daughter - SJ is the very light of my days. She makes me smile and laugh and cry and scream and pull my hair out, but I wouldn't want to live any other way.
3. Coffee - You do NOT want to be around me until I've had my morning java which usually consists of at least 4 cups!
4. My Bible - OK, my BibleS. I have many interpretations and they are priceless to me. I love that it is so relevant to my life. Who wouldn't want a manual on how to best do life? Not me!
5. My home - I like my house, but it's the HOME part I'm most thankful for. It's the little things like a picture of my great-grandparents, Sophie's first outfit, my wedding shoes and, most importantly, the PEOPLE in my house that make it a home.